Betting sites with welcome bonus
In an increasingly competitive environment, sign up bonus or first deposit bonus offers have become an important tool for betting sites to attract and acquire new users. Since a bookie welcome bonus always comes with a host of terms and conditions, it is necessary to compare and contrast these offers across different bookmakers in order to find the best bonus that is most suitable to your needs. Therefore, we have developed a set of criteria in our betting bonus evaluation according to where we rank bonus. The following table should give you an idea of what those criteria are and how we determine the quality of a bookie welcome bonus.
How do we compare bookie bonus offers?
We have determined a core set of criteria in our bookie bonus evaluation in order to give you a clear idea of whether a bonus is suitable for you. This criteria includes the following:
- maximum bonus amount: The highest possible bonus credit you can get.
- bonus percentage: Is your first time deposit doubled or tripled etc.? Many bookies offer a 100% bonus, some even offer 300% etc. but often with a lower maximum bonus amount.
- minimum odds: Potentially the most important factor when it comes to the rollover conditions. Important questions to consider: Do accumulated odds qualify, or does every selection on the bet slip have to fulfill the minimum odds requirement?
- minimum deposit amount/limit: How much money do I have to deposit in order to qualify for the bonus offer? This is often higher than the general minimum deposit limit.
- further wager requirements: These usually include how often the bonus amount needs to be wagered at minimum odds as well as the time frame within which the turnover of the full bonus amount must be completed.
Different types of welcome bonus offers
Overall, there are only a handful of different bonus types for newly registered customers. Most bookies offer either a first time deposit bonus, a free bet or cashback bonus, or a risk free bet with a real money bet from the first deposit. Let’s take a quick look at these four types:
- First deposit bonus: The classic welcome bonus offer. The bookie offers you a bonus credit based on the amount you deposit after registration. In most cases, the bookie doubles your first time deposit and offers you a 100% bonus. So if you deposit $100, you get a total of $200 (real money credit + bonus credit). However, you will have to fulfill the wagering requirements before you can withdraw that money.
- Freebet/risk-free bet: Some bookies offer free bets for newly registered customers. While there are a few bookies who offer a freebet without deposit from time to time, in most cases you will receive a free bet only after you have made your first deposit and lost your first bet. The bookie then reimburses you with a free bet credit amount that is the same as your initial real-money stake of the bet that you lost. This way, the bookie can offer a first “risk-free” bet. However, keep in mind that the freebet credit is consequently subject to wagering requirements, and with most free bets you only get the net win as real money credit returned to your account. Let’s give an example: You lose your first bet of $10 and receive a $10 free bet in return. Now you place that free bet at odds of 1.60. That means you will only receive the $6 net win minus the $10 stake. So technically speaking, that first real money bet is only “risk-free” if you win your subsequent freebet at odds of 2.0 or higher.
- Cashback bonus: Cashback bonus offers are usually quite rare. Ideally, in a cashback offer you receive a real money return at a certain percentage on your first bet if it loses. In contrast to the aforementioned free bet offer, this money is not tied to any wagering requirements.
So, these are the most widely offered bonus types. While there are some other offers from time to time (e.g. refer a friend bonus, re-load bonus for certain deposit methods etc.), these are usually meant to keep existing customers happy, rather than directly attract new users.
Frequent checks, updates and exclusive bonus offers
As bonus offers are constantly subject to change, due to the bookies trying to outperform competition, our team of experts regularly checks and updates or bonus reviews. In addition to that, we keep our eyes peeled for exclusive bonus offers. Make sure you keep checking our bookie bonus comparison to always get your money’s worth.
Please be aware that we receive advertising revenue from the bookmakers that appear on our sports betting portal. From time to time we may promote or change the rankings of bookmakers and their offers in return for remuneration.